It might surprise you how often water heater repair is possible instead of replacing it.
It is a common misconception that when a water heater isn’t performing properly, it always needs to be replaced. The reality is that other than the tank leaking, there are several components that can be replaced so that your cost can be much lower than replacement. Here at Wake Forest Plumbing Company, when you call us about a problem with your water heater, we will accurately diagnose the problem and give you the pertinent information so you can make an informed decision about whether to proceed with water heater repair or put that money into a new one instead.
We are happy to provide free estimates for water heater repair, so if you have been told you need a new one and would like a second opinion, it is best to call us first. We have successfully repaired many water heaters in the Wake Forest, North Carolina area that others thought couldn’t be fixed. Sometimes that might only buy you a little bit more time, and other times it can add significant time, giving you the ability to plan for the replacement cost.
Plumbing emergency? Get in touch now!
We also recommend that you call us regularly for water heater maintenance, as this extends the life of the water heater and reduces the need for water heater repair. We provide water heater services, including installation, repair, and maintenance, for both residential and commercial properties. You can also call on us for all your other plumbing system needs.
Common Water Heater Repair Solutions
At Wake Forest Plumbing Company, we are very thorough with our diagnostics when we are called to determine why a water heater isn’t heating properly or working at all. The last thing we know you want is to have us fix one problem and leave another unresolved, requiring you to call again. That is why we check for all of the following, and then some!
- Gas/Power: A water heater obviously won’t work if it doesn’t have the power or gas to operate, and it might surprise you how often that is the case. It happens so often that we often ask homeowners to troubleshoot this issue before we head out. We’ll also ask if the pilot light is lit if it is a gas water heater.
- Heating Element: If it seems as though the heating element has gone bad, we also look at the thermostat(s), even though issues with them are less common. The high-limit switch can also be a contributing factor, but if it keeps popping out, it is likely the thermostat to blame.
- TPR Valve: The Temperature & Pressure Relief (TPR) valve must work properly to keep your water heater from becoming dangerous, so we always check it to be sure it isn’t leaking or showing signs of a problem.
- Water Pressure: Your water heater needs to have sufficient water pressure to work, so if a plumbing problem has caused pressure to drop, this could be the reason you’ve ended up calling for water heater repair.
- Loose Connections: As surprising as it might sound, sometimes the issue is nothing more than a bad gasket not letting a bolt tighten properly or some other loose connection issue.
If you have any questions about our water heater repair services or would like to schedule service, don’t hesitate to contact us.
At Wake Forest Plumbing Company, we offer water heater repair services in Wake Forest, Zebulon, Youngsville, Louisburg, North Raleigh, Knightdale, Wendell, Rolesville, Neuse, and Stony Hill, North Carolina.